A Good Read for Parents
Posted by Phil
We at Ridgecrest Summer Camps are just as devoted to you as a parent as we are to your kids as our campers. Raising kids can be incredibly challenging, and we want to stand by you as you tackle the most important feat a parent can attempt…being a parent. There are TONS of books on parenting…which one’s can you trust? This is a place where we want you to be able to share books that have helped you. (Please share below in the comment section). Below are also some of the books that we recommend from personal experience as well as from being in the camping industry for many years. Please comment on the books that you found helpful! For your convenience, you can even purchase the books below by simply clicking on the link provided.
- Grace Based Parenting by Tim Echols
- Parent Fuel by Barry St. Clair – Most parents ask, “How do I help my kids turn out right?” This book suggests a better question: “How do I help my kids love Jesus more?”
- Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge
- Strengthen Yourself in the Lord by Bill Johnson – How to release the hidden power of God in your life.
- Here Comes Heaven by Mike Seth. A Kid’s guide to God’s supernatural power!
- Every Young Man’s Battle – Strategies for victory in the real world of sexual temptation.
- Every Young Woman’s Battle – Guarding your mind, heart and body in a sex-saturated world.
- Wild at Heart by John Eldridge. A battle to fight, an adventure to live, a beauty to rescue — these are the dreams and desires written on the heart of every boy.
- Boundaries with Kids by Cloud. When to say yes, when to say no to help your children gain control of their lives.
- Going Public by Donna Hatasaki – Your Child can thrive in Public School
- Christian Childrearing and Personality Development by Paul Meier